Wednesday, January 18, 2012

1st Birthday Party!

The weekend after Aaron's birthday we had a party for him at our house. As we are planning our big move to Kansas next summer, we realized that this may be the only birthday Aaron will have in our first home. So we invited a lot of friends and family and got together to celebrate Aaron. I didn't have a specific theme this year. We just did bright colors, balloons and cupcakes!
This was the front of the invitation to Aaron's Party!



I made a picture banner of Aaron from 1 month old to 1 year old. It was so neat to look back at home much he had changed over the year.


Party favors! Of course I forgot to give them to a few of the kids that came!! It was a hectic little party we had!


Our cupcake table! We grilled hamburgers and had lots of treats for our friends! Thanks so much to  Daddy (Jarrett) and the all of the Grandparents for helping with everything!!

Here's Aaron's smashcake. Notice anything funny?? Like I mentioned before it was a crazy time, so in my haste I put the #1 on backwards! It was facing Aaron..but looked ridiculous! I didn't even notice until we looked at the pictures that I had done this!



Familly pic before the craziness! Notice our red faces?? I believe it was 100+ degrees out that day! I have a feeling we'll be pretty hot at all of Aaron's birthdays!

Sweet friends at the party! Smith, Caroline, Mattew and Uncle Daniel! But it was so fun to have friends to play with!

My very sweet college roommates came to the party and brought their precious children too! This was the first time they had all been together, so we tried to get a picture of them. As you can see, the meltdowns happened fast, and this is the best we could do!! So funny! I'm hoping as they get older they will be a little more enthusiastic about having their picture taken together!


Time to sing happy birthday!

This was Aaron's first time to have sugar/cake! I wasn't sure how he would handle it and if he would like it....as you can see..after one little taste..he was ALL about it!

We didn't have to push him at all...he just dove right in!!



Tried to share some with Daddy :)

Opening presents!!

What a fun day with family and friends! We feel so blessed that we could celebrate Aaron with such wonderful people! It was a great day!

Happy 1st Birthday Aaron!




No comments:

Post a Comment